Sunday, September 8, 2013

Stampendous Faux Watercolor

I was thumbing through my copy of Paper CRafts magazine and I was so impressed by Stampendous' DT Tenia Nelson's inked "watercolor" project, that I had to see if inks could really look like true watercolors!
 
I combined the two stamps, "Castle Gate", and "Pumpkin Gate" by
blending my background "watercolors" with regular ink pads and blotters, and then stamping and heat embossing the Castle Gate on top.
 
I think it worked very well! 
Tenia used much brighter colors on her card, so the variations really popped. Mine is a more subtle, blended style.
I also took a tip from another blog site, and added the small swirl at the bottom using the lower portion of the "Thinking of You" sentiment stamp from Stampendous, turned upside down!
You simply wet your stamp with water, stamp your image over the dry ink, and allow it to pull up some of the color!   I love the effect!
 
 
The little pumpkins were inked and fussy cut, then popped up over the gate image.
 
 
I am entering this in the Stampendous September Challenge, "Fall Fun"!
And throwing out a big thanks to Tenia at the DT for the terrific idea!

No comments:

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...