Saturday, October 6, 2012

Three's no crowd here...

This week, JustRite has terrific a new challenge!
"Three's company", meaning you must use three or more coordinating patterns
on your project.
 
This one I simply couldn't resist.
 
That and the fact that I have a very limited number of JustRite Stamps, and would love to win some!  They have some of the sweetest stamp sets ever!
The ones I love the most are those that coordinate with my Spellbinder dies!
Could a person ask for more?
 
I am trying to get some Christmas mojo, which is pretty difficult when the temperatures are still over 100 here in Arizona.
 
 
I used an OLD Christmas stack from DCWV that isn't from last year,
but the year before!
Talk about pulling out your old stash.
I actually like all the patterns in this stack and have no idea why I still have any of it left.  But there it is...

 
I wanted to give this "postal card" image from "Greetings from Paris" a holiday feel, and decided to go simple.
Just like a card would have been posted years ago.
Things were simpler then..sorry.  I regress.
 
The sentiment is from JustRite's
 "Christmas Nested Sentiments", another stash from the past.
(This one I couldn't even find on the store site)
  
I started out thinking I would layer several elements, and really pile it on,
but then chose to stop while it still looked like a holiday card we would have
received back in the 40's-50's. (No, I wasn't born until the later fifties
so I wouldn't actually remember!)
 
Hope you enjoyed today's trip down memory lane,
even if they were all someone else's memories.
 
 


2 comments:

Migdalia said...

A very beautiful card!TFS

Unknown said...

Fabulous card.

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...