Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Bevy of Butterflies!

In recognition of
Breast Cancer Awareness Month,
I made this layout using the prettiest butterfly stamp ever
and one of my favorite quotes!
 
 has many different styles of stamp images...
funny, cute, sincere, and insightful.
I loved these butterflies from
(part of the Sheena Douglas collection)
the very first time I saw them!
 
 
The proverb was taken from the internet.
I think it speaks volumes when it comes to the brave women who
face breast cancer every day!
"There, but by the grace of God, ..."
 
 
A side view showing the dimension I added to each butterfly.
 

I colored them with my alcohol markers.
Then, with the antenna and the Glossy Accents added, they really came to life!
 
 
This is definitely one of my all-time favorite layouts.
No personal photos, or even experiences journaled, but it simply reflects how I feel about the trials that one must be faced with when battling a horrible disease.
 
If you look closely, you will also see how I implemented a new embossing folder from Die'Sire!  More of that at Crafter's Companion later this week!
 I made the background layer more vintage by cutting and distressing the edges and inking it to appear more aged.

Paper:  Graphic45, "Botanicabella" 
Cardstock:  Bazzill

Thanks for sharing in this special project with me
and Crafter's Companion!


2 comments:

Sharon Field said...

What a lovely card! The butterflies and the outstretched hand are beautiful! Lovely tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness. Found your through Stampendous' blog this morning... Hugs from across the ocean,
Sharon

Darkskye said...

Absolutely amazing work

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...