Friday, September 7, 2012

Very Vintage Christmas...

I love that this new
Stampendous, "Vintage Santa"
 image looks exactly like those I recall from my childhood.
I remember the holiday cards my family recieved in the 50's were very much like this,
and when I went online to look at vintage cards, it brought back so many memories !
 
  
I colored the Jumbo Cling "Vintage Santa"
that I had printed on light kraft paper with Copics.
With the teensy, tiny gold rhinestones, there is just enough sparkle to add a glitsy, holiday feel.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the
"Christmas Wishes" set.

 
The border was punched out of kraft, and the rhinestones attached to that, also.
I like that I kept it simple and didn't over-layer or over-embellish the card.
I kept telling myself to KEEP IT SIMPLE.
I really like the result!
 
This stamp is SOLD OUT but will be back on the shelves after September 11!
 
 


3 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Love that bit of sparkle against the kraft and the white eyelet.

Scrappychick said...

Lovely job with Santa!!

Darlene S. said...

Love this...it is perfect!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...