Monday, June 25, 2012

Seafood craving?

It may be the heat of the summer,
or just that I've been dreaming of going back to
The Crab Pot in California for the past few weeks,
but this JustRite image was calling to me!
So, for the color challenge at
I created this card.

(And yes, I would eat these adorable little guys in a heartbeat!)



I stamped the little crabs three times on my card piece and then stamped a fourth one to fussy cut and pop up on the corner.

 I used a combination of pattern papers and then spritzed the white cardstock with Distress Inks.

I added texture with the mesh, eyelets, and twine.

Supplies:
Stamp;  JustRite, "Oceanside Oval Medallion"
Papers; Graphic 45, "Botanicabella"; DCWV, "Tradewinds"
Markers; Copics
Inks; Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Entered into the challenge at
Stamptacular Sunday (color)
Totally Papercrafts (color)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading my post today!


11 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a cool card!!!

kathi17 said...

Wow Jan, I love it! I sincerely hope you win with this card, it truly is outstanding!

Liz said...

Oh yes i have never seen u eat more than a bird lol but ucan put down the seafood hoping to be out in az one d

Liz said...

Oh yes i have never seen u eat more than a bird lol but ucan put down the seafood hoping to be out in az one d

Sheri said...

This is a great eclectic mix of patterns and embellishments...I LOVE IT!! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Lisa Minckler said...

Umm, YUM!!!! Love the earthy oceanic colors you've melded together so beautifully here. ;)

Céline said...

oh so gorgeous! great use of combo.
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a cool card - love all your elements and the design is just top notch. The colors are prefect for our challenge. Just LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Marge said...

What a FUN card -- LOVE your choices in die cuts -- perfect!!! IF I liked shellfish, I'd now be hungry! ;-)

Wendy said...

What a fabulous card...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

mixamatoasties said...

Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week.

Susan x

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...