Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's Show & Tell at Pike's Playground!

This month I have chosen to showcase (ta-ta-da-da!) one of the images from
Dustin Pike's new
Circus 12 release!

I wanted to challenge myself and see if I could use the very humorous, somewhat silly and adorable characters from Dustin's digital sets paired up with the more glamorous, vintage papers from Graphic 45. 

I hope you like it as much as I do!


The funny part is that the whole time I was coloring this image and designing my layout, I had the music from Madagascar 3, "Afro Circus", playing in my head...
Oooh, the trials and tribulations of having a 7 year old grandson!


The ornate headpiece that "Dumbo" is wearing is part of the scrap piece of trim that I used on the banner.


I had no idea when I purchased these little bicycle charm pieces what
I would use them for! Tied onto the tag with the twine,
it adds a bit of pizzaz to the card,
don't you think?

Hope you enjoyed sharing this self-imposed challenge with me today!

If you want some of Dustin's magnificent, hilarious, over-the-big-top
"CIRCUS 12 with Bonus images",
At this price, you could make dozens of wonderful cards, no two alike!
Or better yet, become a Monthly Member,
and get everything as soon as it is released!

This card has been entered in the challenge at
Oldie but Goodie Challenge (Banners)
Crafter's Companion (Embellishments)

5 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

This is just adorable!

Janice said...

This is so lovely! Great image, really beautifully coloured & a great card design. Love your little charm too - think you managed to pull all these pieces together brilliantly into a fantastic card. Thank you so much for joining us at an OBAG, & please come back with more of your lovely work. Have a great day, Jx OBAG DT

Kerri - Big Smiles from Kbear said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card! You did a fabulous job!

Scrappychick said...

This is total awesomeness!!

Louise Welsh said...

great fun card, love it and thanks for taking part in the crafters companion monthly blog Louise xx

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...