Friday, April 6, 2012

Skipping Stones Challenge #122

Whee! I love Skipping Stones Design's sketches! This week's is no different!


I really like the simplicity of this sketch,
and it leaves itself open to so many possibilities!


I wanted something bright and cheerful for Spring!


I love the lacey look of this butterfly from the "Always Here" stamp set.
When heat embossed, it has the look of the old, vintage lace pieces I remember seeing at my great-grandmother's house many, many years ago...

The paper I used was DCWV, "Tres Chic".  Isn't it gorgeous?
Just lightly sparkled....yummmm...


4 comments:

Teresa Zuehls said...

Your card is a stunning take on the SSDS! The butterfly is beautiful and I Love DCWV papers too. Have a wonderful weekend.

Karen B. said...

I just used that butterfly myself! What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing at Skipping Stones Design!

Jingle said...

Your card is SO pretty! I love the dimension on the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So beautiful! I really love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...