Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tea Time!

Being the tea lover that I am, nothing makes me happier than making a card with a "tea" theme! Everything we see out there has coffee, java, latte, etc., but it's rare that you find a  great tea stamp or die!  I finally purchased the Spellbinder "Nested Tea Cups" die, and couldn't wait to use it!

The challenge inspiration photo at The Shabby Tea Room this week made me squeal!
"High Tea"

I only recently discovered this blog, and I have to tell ya,
it's perfect for those of us who prefer our tea!

So, after getting my inspiration from this and sitting down with a nice hot cuppa chai tea,
I made this little card.


The second requirement was to use a doily....
well, don't we always? 
LOL!

The little swirl of steam holding the sentiment is a coated wire paper clip.


Thanks for looking. Please leave a comment!

Off for my evening cup of hot tea and a long warm bubble bath...

6 comments:

Starr said...

I love your card it is just delightful!

Cindy Holshouser said...

Oh I love that floral tea cup. Such a warm and pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room.

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous, love the die cut tea cup!

SusanLotus said...

Your card is lovely!

Sheri said...

This is LOVELY! Can't wait to get my nested cups too! Thanks for joining us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

Jennifer said...

Jan,

I like your new Spellbinders (haven't seen that one yet!)! And that was so clever to bend the paperclip into a puff of steam!!! :)

Thank you so much for sharing your GREAT card!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...