Monday, July 25, 2011

Enjoy!

I will make this brief. I had a crown pop off my molar this weekend and had to go get it temporarily "glued" back in this morning.... my jaw is a bit sore.  I go back Thursday for my new bridgework...fun.
This is the sketch from Skipping Stones that prompted this card:

And my take, including the NEWSPAPER and COLOR challenges below:

I love the way the thick, textured yarn and the BOLD, heat embossed Tim Holtz sentiment looks against the delicate Skipping Stones butterfly stamps!

Ok, 'nuff said...my tummy's not feeling the best!  Better try and eat something.

Supplies:
Paper: Scenic Route; Stamps, Skipping Stones and Tim Holtz; Stock yarns and ribbon; Helmar 450 adhesive.

Challenges:
Skipping Stones Design (Sketch #65)
Embellish! (Color)
Simon Says Stamps (Newpaper pattern)

Thanks for looking and have a great week! 

11 comments:

Amie said...

Umm...ouchie ouchie ouchie ouchie!! poor you!

PS thanks for the recommendation of Combat Hospital. (That was you, right?) I'm 4 shows in and it's a nice diversion this summer. :)

Do you make cards every day? You're so ON it!

Clare said...

Love the newspaper and the navy blue works so well. Sorry to hear about your tooth! Thanks for the vote! : )

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Wow, loving the colors on the card.
So sorry about your crown, I have had that happen to me.

Barb Turpin said...

Oooh, love this card Jan...beautiful butterflies and love the background...good luck with the tooth and thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design this week!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Jan, I love the vinatge feel and the butterflies are gorgeous.
Sorry to hear about your tooth, not nice.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love the way you used the sketch! Great card! Thanks for playing along over at SSD!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous...love the pops of blue! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so fabulous! From the butterflies to the newsprint pattern, I love it! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

Karen B. said...

Ooh, this is so very pretty! You are right about the patterns together, they fit to a t and look grand!

Mariana Grigsby said...

This card is fabulous! I love the butterflies and the yarn that you used! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us!

Veena said...

I never would thought using a newspaper could turn out a LO this fabulous. Love the blue and gold colour motif.

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...