Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sadly, More Sympathy Cards

It seems as though bad news is coming 'round every corner. I suppose that as I get older, that will be the case....
This is a card I made this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to make two.

I used K & Co papers from the older Ancestry stack. I just bought the new Painted Garden and Susan Wright Nature packs this last weekend. I love their collections for all occasions, but they seem to work particularly well for these somber moments.
I was also experimenting with the seam binding that I had dyed and crinkled. Found out that I need to use a much stronger ink mixture to get a real saturation on the ribbon!  But I love the idea of matching the ribbon to the projects as I go along!

This card is to be entered in the Cardabilities sketch challenge #25, and the Inspiration sketch at InStyle Stamps.

2 comments:

Jasmine Wilmany said...

That is so beautiful. Love it!


Blessings!

★ Jasmine Wilmany ★

Amie said...

wow these are so pretty Jan!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...