Thursday, January 20, 2011

Celebrate!

It is difficult to make cards for some members of our families...that much has become obvious to me over the past few years. But perhaps the most difficult is my sister, my one and only sibling.  She's not a big lover of flowery things, doesn't swoon over the pinks and purples, and for the most part, has nothing to do with girly decor at all!  I agree with her that a little bling goes a long way, but I can appreciate a pretty bow or row of pearls and rhinestones most days.
So this is the card I made for her.  Neither of us are "spring chickens" so the nostaligic print and distressed edges will appeal to her sense of
TIMELESS AGE...LOL! 
Happy 50+(something), Sis! 
I used a Cosmo Cricket journaling card cut from the "Love Notes" collection, paired with the matching "Wonderland" paper as background. The flower was a punch-out from one of the Chemistry lines, and the edges distressed with my Zutter Distress-It-All. 

I hope to have this card considered for entry in:
Easy Crafts (Old Stash)

No comments:

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...