Thursday, January 20, 2011

Big Day!

The 24th of January is an especially big day in our family.  That birth date is shared by both my only sister and my only son! It was so exciting having her visiting me where I was living 800 miles away from our hometown when my son was born, and on HER birthday! My son is all grown now and we all live within an hour of each other. Hopefully, we can continue to spend that day together for a long, long time!
I must explain that although my son is not particularly a couch potato, he IS a computer freak. He is either sitting at his desk or recording movies when he has any "down" time. Relaxing and watching TV is something he gets less time to do now than before, so here's to "laying low" on his birthday!

The digital image is Digi Shack's "Dad's Remote", colored with Copics. I paper-pieced the armchair and ottoman, which I thought was really fun!  The Co-ordinations cardstock is also a favorite of mine, so I embossed it using the Cuttlebug, "Numbers" folder and sanded it. The TODAY stamp is a Soloz from Studio G.
Thank you for looking!

I plan to enter this card in the challenges at:
Paper Sundaes (your favorite challenge, mine was "For the Boys"  #42)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge (Anything Goes) and a chance to be a Guest DT on the team!
Catch The Bug (Birthday)

4 comments:

Julye said...

Fab story and fun card may you all have many more celebration days together, thanks for joining us at Penny's and good luck too, and wish your sister and son happy birthday from all of us at Penny's too.

Alica said...

Great card! Love the paper piecing!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Courtney said...

What a great card Jan! I am sure your son is going to LOVE it!! Perfect paper piecing too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!

Courtney~

Darlene said...

VERY cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge and Good Luck!

MFT November Sketch Challenge!

This week at MFT ,  the sketch challenge #462 is  a fairly simple one!.   Here's my take on a much needed Get Well card for my ...